Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 493: And Then There Were Six

Kiddos, that is.  I realized, right after I typed that in, that it could be interpreted a different way.  As in, six of us.  As in a baby in my belly.

Right now there's just a cupcake in my belly.

But there are six children in my home.

We adopted three this afternoon while their parents make a quick trip to watch a sibling compete in a big race.  These kids are kind of like cousins to my kids.  So, Joyful Moments came in watching them all play together.


And a great excuse to breakout the kiddie pool for the summer.  As you can see, the kids know how to soup up the kiddie pool.


And it was Baby B's first time "swimming".  I don't know that he ever really figured out whether he liked it, or not.  But watching him splash around was a Joyful Moment.  And snuggling him in a warm towel at the end was a Joyful Moment for us both.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that make a splash!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Looks like you are all enjoying your break from North Pole weather as much as possible - good for you!

This evening, I stopped by to see how my friend with the broken arm is, only to find that she and her husband (who has a crippling disease) were in the middle of moving 3 refrigerators. Apparently their pre-arranged helpers forgot. I quickly found some other helpers who got the job done. My stop turned out to be a tender mercy for them and for me, a reminder of how aware He is of each of us and how much He loves us. Joyful indeed!