Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 494: Anyone Want My Middle Child?

Because I'm ready to be done with him.  He's driving me up the wall.  It's just one thing after another and nothing motivates him to behave.  NOthing.  Nothing.  N.O.T.H.I.N.G.  Not a thing.  No.

Nothing.


Hard to imagine that that face could cause me such woe.

But don't get lost in those chubby cheeks.  He's been my difficult child all along.


He never wants to do what we want him to do.  Ever.  Not because we want him to do terrible, or difficult things--just because we want him to do it!


Anyone want to take this little monster home?!

Okay, I'll quit venting now.

That really had nothing to do with today's Joyful Moment.  It just made them a little harder to come by.

Today I accomplished three things that have been on my to-do list for over a month.  Sweetness!  All three involved giving something I made to friends.  Two were "thank-you's" and one a baby gift.  Joyful Moments all around.

Wishing you all monstrously Joyful Moments (without any actual monsters)!

4 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Okay, so my joyful moment today was reading this and being thankful that I am not the only mother who contemplates giving her son away (c: I am with you, sister!!! Caden is the same way, if he decides against something, come heck or high water, he will stand. his. ground.

How can such a little person have so much will and stubbornness??? Love the kid to death, but he definitely tests his mama's patience!

Linda said...

I love love LOVE the last photo of him. It just makes me chuckle every time I glance at it. Isn't he amazing?!

I had lots of joys today - I successfully completed 2 assignments in the temple today!!! I'm getting closer and closer to being able to do what everyone else does. And I spent the evening with my little sis and her sweetie. They joined me for dinner and then we toured 4 more "parade of homes" homes. And I got some fun and interesting decorating ideas.

Nikki said...

Your middle guy sounds like me when I was his age. My parent's told me that I would do only the opposite of what they wanted. Stubborness does have it's advantages (stick-to-itness, and whatnot). Hang in there.

My joy! It's Friday!

Jennifer said...

I'll take the little guy off your hands. I don't know how long it'll last, but...