Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 501: Spawn of You Know Who

Do you ever have days where it seems like your children are possessed?  All of them?

Good.  Because I do, too.  And today was one of them.  Even now, one is upstairs running around his room talking into the vents and another is babbling to himself.

Go.  To.  SLEEP!!!!

Anyway, so it was a little rough.

However, not without it's Joyful Moments.

(Whew!  Can you imagine if I failed now?!)

So, you know how I've been kind of deathly ill for over a month now.  Well, really it's been going on for 10 years.  It's just that this most recent illness made it about a billion times worse.  So, I decided to try once again to figure out what is going on.

This time (thanks to some advice from a few of you), I requested that they test my Vitamin D levels, along with all the other standard tests.  Turns out I'm a little low on the Sunshine Vitamin.  It didn't seem like that big of a deal, though.  And I started taking the recommended supplement with very little hope.

But then, I had a conversation with my mom this morning about some people she knows with similar issues and she told me that they benefited greatly from supplementation.  And that was my Joyful Moment.  I haven't noticed any changes personally, but it's only been a couple days.  So, having this conversation with my mom gave me some very much needed hope.

And Hope pretty much always equals Joy.

Wishing you all Moments that equal Joyful Moments!

2 comments:

Gunta said...

I've also read that if you have trouble getting to sleep the vitamin D can be helpful. It does seem to help me when I split my daily dose leaving half for nighttime. D3 is the more easily absorbed form of it. It also helps in absorbing calcium for better bones. How can you go wrong?

Lately I've been hearing recommendations going clear up to 5,000 IUs daily. My thought is that that might be a wee bit high, especially in summertime. I've been hedging my bets doing 1,000 IUs twice a day. But since I've also been feeling really sluggish lately I may try doubling the nightly dose.

Hope it works for both (or all) of us! Running out of gas is the pits when there's so much on the to-do list.

Melanie said...

Ryan started to see real results in about three weeks. Keep it up..it will make a difference.