Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 506: The Terrible Day That Wasn't

Today should have been simply awful.

I had to wake up at 4:55 AM to sign Little M up for swim lessons before all of the spots filled up.  And then I couldn't fall back asleep.  I laid in bed stressing over Sweet P's upcoming surgeries, family reunions, and how I would survive today.

Then all sorts of things happened this morning to perpetuate my bad mood.  I was preparing myself to avoid the kids as much as possible, so they wouldn't suffer unnecessarily.

Eventually, we made it to the gym.  We didn't have a ton of time before swim lessons, but I managed to get in a four-mile run.  And drop a minute off of my average mile pace, down from what it has been ever since I got so sick.  So, I'm still a far cry from where I should be, but progress is progress!

And then things kept falling into place to make today really great.  For all of us.  When it really should have been kind of crummy.  For all of us.  Sweet P actually proclaimed it "The Best Day Ever!" at one point.  Which is funny, because it really wasn't.  But I was grateful for her enthusiasm.

So, I had a lot of Joyful Moments throughout the day.  But the best one was probably snuggling on the couch with Sweet P and Little M to watch their favorite parts of "James and The Giant Peach" (the movie).  It's always fun to see things through their eyes and hear what they think is SO funny.  And now, I'm hoping to be able to share one of my favorite childhood books (and authors) with them, by reading it little by little together each day.  Since it's scarce on pictures, now they can be aided in their imaginations by remembering the movie.  I'm pretty sure Sweet P could have done this without the movie, but Little M was already disappointed just flipping through the pages of the book and noting that it only had a few "grey pictures".

Anyway, it was nice spending a simple evening with my babies.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments found in simple quietude!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I think the little JM's make the best days!

I had a crazy day but full of JM's as long as I remembered to look for and recognize them along the way.