Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 504: RadDad

So, of course today's Joyful Moment was in honoring and celebrating my baby daddy:


How totally classic is this picture?!  Complete with Baby B's unedited red eyes.  Awesome.

Anyways, lots of Joyful Moments loving this man today.  We let him sleep in.  The kids presented him with the billions of cards they've been making for him all week.  We made him German pancakes for breakfast.  The kids got back from a bathroom trip just in time to join the rest of the children in singing the final line of the Dad song at church.  We grilled up some good man food for dinner.  And made his favorite peach pie.  Except that this time we made it with strawberries--just to be wild and crazy.  And I like that version better.

Oh, and I gave him his Father's Day presents and he was totally surprised and pleased with his new shirt.  Especially when I told him what a screamin' deal I'd gotten it for.

Good grammar.

And then we went for a walk and called our own dads to wish them Happy Father's Days.  And that was delightful.  And, naturally, a Joyful Moment.  I love talking to my dad.  He is awesome.  He always makes me happy.  I think that's because I know that he loves and adores me with his whole heart.  There is no doubt in my mind that I am totally and completely special to him.  What more could a daughter ask for from her daddy?  Not much, really.

Maybe, just to not live so stinkin' far away so she can give him a hug on Father's Day.  And that's about it.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments in knowing that you're totally and completely special to someone awesome!

1 comment:

Linda said...

My JM was celebrating with your Dad - being together all day long!