Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 508: Honey, I'm Home

HH has been away on business for the last three days.

We've been alright.  I always plan extra fun activities for the kids when he's gone, since it's kind of sad for all of us.

But tonight, he came home.

And it's kind of like I'm home, too, now.

Internally, I just get kind of all out of sorts and discombobulated.  And then he comes home and everything rights itself again.  Like my heart and soul breathe a great big sigh of relief and relax once more.

In case you're wondering, being in his arms again was my Joyful Moment.

And it wasn't a moment too soon because tomorrow Sweet P and I are headed to the hospital for not one, not two, not three, but four medical procedures.  They're replacing the implant with the medication treating her problem of growing too much too fast, removing her tonsils and adenoids (she has sleep apnea and it's a little scary), and irrigating her sinuses (they are packed with delightful mucous and infection--that no amount of antibiotics can scare off).

She would have cried herself to sleep with worry and sadness if her daddy weren't here to soothe her, calm her down, and give her a blessing of comfort.  I'm so grateful to be married to this man.

So, tomorrow's post might be a little late because they're keeping her overnight for observation.  I'm sure everything will go well, but your prayers in our behalf are greatly appreciated!

Wishing you all Joyful Moments when your soul can breathe freely again!

3 comments:

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Poor little sweet p!!! My heart aches for your sweet little girl and you, too! Being the mommy is never easy, especially at times like that. Sending hugs and prayers your way, I hope everything goes well for her (c:

P.S. You made me laugh out loud with your dream, that was completely hilarious!!! Maybe it was the having the hubby out of town that had your mind gettin' a little crazy! (c: hehehe...

Melanie said...

All of us are praying for her and you. We love you.

Laura said...

I went on vacation and feel like I missed a whole slew of things you have had going on! I'm happy everything went well and wish her a speedy recovery.