Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 500: 500?! For Real?!

I once thought that reaching 500 consecutive days of Joyful Moments would be a Joyful Moment, but mostly, it just makes me sad that I'm already halfway finished.

There's some positive thinking for you!

No, I guess it is a Joyful Moment because I'm proud of myself for sticking with it.  And it is pretty awesome to say that I've experienced 500 consecutive days of Joyful Moments.  And then when you factor in the mental shift it's caused for me, well, I guess it really is a Joyful Moment.

And who knows, maybe I'll get to 1000 and decide to just keep on going for the rest of my life.  I kind of think it will be a cool legacy to leave for my kids.

*HH--STOP READING HERE!*


SERIOUSLY, STOP READING!  OR, SUFFER MY WRATH!


Okay, now that it's just us, I can share my real Joyful Moment for today.

I got HH the perfect gift for Father's Day!!!!  Technically, he already got fishing gear for Father's Day.  We just got it early so he could go out and use it.

But I was out doing some returns tonight and I found a really nice golf polo (he recently informed me that golf polos are very different from normal polos.  And that he was very much in need of a golf polo). And it was on a super-duper sale.  And I had a mega coupon.  So, I got this waaaaaay nice golf polo for (drum roll, please!)... $5!!!

And I know he's going to be so excited when he opens it!

Aaah!  I'm so excited I can hardly wait until Sunday!!!!!

So, yeah, it was a HUGE Joyful Moment.  I wasn't going to share it here because I don't want to make him suspicious, but I was so stinkin' excited I had to tell all of you!

Thanks for sharing in my super exciting Joyful Moment for today.

And thanks for following me for the past 500 days.  You are great!

Wishing you all 500 consecutive days of Joyful Moments!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm excited for you! I know the feeling of finding the perfect thing, and finding that it's a super duper good deal! And looking forward to his excitement when he receives it.

My joy is that your big sis and her 4 kiddos arrived safely and I get to play with them for the next 2.5 days!!!

Nikki said...

That's great, Cheryl. Way to stick with it and share everyday!

Becky said...

I'm impressed with the 500 day benchmark too. And congratulations on finding the perfect gift. Hope you all had a Happy Father's Day!