Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 491: You're Making Good Progress, Mama

I am a puzzler.  I love puzzling!

My mama got me a crazy hard puzzle when Sweet P was little.  I tried to work on it once, or twice, but there was never a spot out of the reach of chubby little hands that I could commandeer long enough to make the whole thing.

I broke it out the day Sweet P finished school, thinking the kids and I could work on it together and finish it up in a few days.  They're pretty good at puzzling, too, but I sort of overestimated their skills.  This isn't your traditional puzzle.  It's a photomosaic.  1000 pieces.

Little M tried every so often to place a piece, but quickly gave up.  Periodically, one of them would come up to me and say, "You're making good progress, Mama!"  So sweet.

Anyway, it took longer than I thought it would, but today I finished it.


And we all shared a Joyful Moment.  They're sitting on a kitchen chair trying to look triumphant, although it kind of looks like they're riding a roller coaster the way they're leaning.

It looks like he's, ya know, leaning.  (Name the movie!!)



And Joyful Moment #2 (as if finishing a Winnie the Pooh puzzle wasn't enough, right?!).  Last time I was at Trader Joe's, I couldn't find my mostest favoritest unsulfured apricots.  They told me there were a discontinued item.  I almost cried.  Went there for some milk tonight and--yahoo!--they're back!!!  It's not a good photo, but I had other things to do.  Like eat half a pound of dried apricots.

Life is good.

Wishing you all Joyful Moments that aren't at all puzzling!!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Hey, it's rare but I actually know this one... While You Were Sleeping - YEA!!!! The puzzle looks great; CONGRATS to each of you. I don't think I couldn't have done any better than Little M.

My joyful moment was spending some time at one of my neighbor's home this morning. It's the same floor plan as ours and I LOVE how they've decorated. Today I found out that I also LOVE how they've landscaped. When my HH returns I'm taking him over so that I can change my coveting into copying, which she's already agreed to. Other joyful feelings came when I looked at a large patch of weedfree soil after a couple of hours' work this evening.

Amy said...

Ah Man! mom beat me to it! it's While You Were Sleeping.
I've been stressing for a few weeks now about writing a bridge between two hymns for our choir that the choir director asked me to do. I told her I was pretty sure I could do it, THEN I sat down to try and it was a lot harder than I thought it'd be. But I finished! So my joyful moment is not having to stress about that today (or anymore!).